发表于 2007-11-7 20:07:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
随便看看。
 楼主| 发表于 2007-11-7 20:12:05 | 显示全部楼层
【文件名】:07117@52RD_A Short Guide to Celestial Navigation.rar
【格 式】:rar
【大 小】:1069K
【简 介】:
Preface
Why should anybody still practice celestial navigation in the era of electronics and GPS? One might as well ask why
some photographers still develop black-and-white photos in their darkroom instead of using a high-color digital camera.
The answer would be the same: because it is a noble art, and because it is rewarding. No doubt, a GPS navigator is a
powerful tool, but using it becomes routine very soon. In contrast, celestial navigation is an intellectual challenge.
Finding your geographic position by means of astronomical observations requires knowledge, judgement, and
skillfulness. In other words, you have to use your brains. Everyone who ever reduced a sight knows the thrill I am
talking about. The way is the goal.
It took centuries and generations of navigators, astronomers, geographers, mathematicians, and instrument makers to
develop the art and science of celestial navigation to its present level, and the knowledge thus acquired is a treasure that
should be preserved. Moreover, celestial navigation gives an impression of scientific thinking and creativeness in the
pre-electronic age. Last but not least, celestial navigation may be a highly appreciated alternative if a GPS receiver
happens to fail.
When I read my first book on navigation many years ago, the chapter on celestial navigation with its fascinating
diagrams and formulas immediately caught my particular interest although I was a little deterred by its complexity at
first. As I became more advanced, I realized that celestial navigation is not nearly as difficult as it seems to be at first
glance. Studying the literature, I found that many books, although packed with information, are more confusing than
enlightening, probably because most of them have been written by experts and for experts. Other publications are
designed like cookbooks, i. e., they contain step-by-step instructions but avoid much of the theory. In my opinion, one
can not really comprehend celestial navigation and enjoy the beauty of it without knowing the mathematical
background.
Since nothing really complied with my needs, I decided to write a compact manual for my personal use which had to
include the most important definitions, formulas, diagrams, and procedures. The idea to publish it came in 1997 when I
became interested in the internet and found that it is the ideal medium to share one's knowledge with others. I took my
manuscript, rewrote it in the HTML format, and published it on my web site. Later, I converted everything to the PDF
format, which is an established standard for electronic publishing now.
The style of my work may differ from standard books on this subject. This is probably due to my different perspective.
When I started the project, I was a newcomer to the world of navigation, but I had a background in natural sciences and
in scientific writing. From the very beginning, it has been my goal to provide accurate information in a highly structured
and comprehensible form. The reader may judge whether this attempt has been successful.
More people than I ever expected are interested in celestial navigation, and I would like to thank readers from all over
the world for their encouraging comments and suggestions. However, due to the increasing volume of correspondence, I
am no longer able to answer every individual question or to provide individual support. Unfortunately, I have still a few
other things to do, e. g., working for my living. Nonetheless, I keep working on this publication at leisure.
I apologize for misspellings, grammar errors, and wrong punctuation. I did my best, but English is not my native
language.
Last but not least, I owe my wife an apology for spending countless hours in front of the PC, staying up late, neglecting
household chores, etc. I'll try to mend my ways. Some day ...
【目 录】:
Legal Notice
Chapter 1 The Basics of Celestial Navigation
Chapter 2 Altitude Measurement
Chapter 3 Geographic Position and Time
Chapter 4 Finding One's Position (Sight Reduction)
Chapter 5 Finding the Position of a Moving Vessel
Chapter 6 Determination of Latitude and Longitude, Direct Calculation of Position
Chapter 7 Finding Time and Longitude by Lunar Distances
Chapter 8 Rise, Set, Twilight
Chapter 9 Geodetic Aspects of Celestial Navigation
Chapter 10 Spherical Trigonometry
Chapter 11 The Navigational Triangle
Chapter 12 General Formulas for Navigation
Chapter 13 Charts and Plotting Sheets
Chapter 14 Magnetic Declination
Chapter 15 Ephemerides of the Sun
Chapter 16 Navigational Errors
Appendix
[UseMoney=0]

[/UseMoney]

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

点评回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-11 09:02:57 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主分享
点评回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-14 13:42:43 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks.
点评回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-12-11 11:32:32 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主分享
点评回复

使用道具 举报

高级模式
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|52RD我爱研发网 ( 沪ICP备2022007804号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-12 10:03 , Processed in 0.064397 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.